India is often considered as one of the unsafe destinations for women travelers especially when they are traveling alone. With so many security layers for them but still, we are unable to provide assurance for female tourists coming across the globe. But this does not deter their wish to travel alone and see this world according to them.
Even surrounded by the best people in our life women do want to spend time alone. So, here we have curated some places which according to us will be safe to travel alone. But we don’t say that the rest of the world is not safe. Safety is always in our hand.
1. Rishikesh: It is a town famous tourist spot and major Hindu pilgrimage. Today the city styles itself as Yoga capital of the country. Many foreigners come here to experience meditation and practice yoga. Here no one will ever feel left alone as lakhs of tourists from across the globe come here in search of spirituality. You can travel throughout the year. Through Air, Jolly Grant airport at Dehradun is the nearest airport to Rishikesh and Rishikesh has a good network of buses connecting it with important places.
2. Pondicherry: Better known as the French colony of India, Pondicherry is blessed with beautiful beaches and classic French architecture. You can relish here mouth-watering seafood and enjoy a beautiful sunset. By Train, the nearest rail station from Pondicherry is Villupuram, which is about 35 kilometers away from the town. Through flight, the nearest airport is Puducherry Airport and Chennai International Airport.
3. Sikkim: In Sikkim, you will find the most serene mountains of Mt. Kanchenjunga covered in the snow. Tsomgo Lake and Gurudongmar Lake are not to miss a spot in Sikkim. Dzongri La Trek, Goecha La Trek, and Green Valley Treks are the most famous treks. Al these make Sikkim an ideal destination for a female solo traveler.
The airport nearest to Gangtok is about 124 kilometers away in Bagdogra, West Bengal and The nearest railway station to Gangtok is about 148 kilometers away in New Jalpaiguri in Siliguri.
4. Khajjar: When traveling solo then why don’t try an offbeat place. Khajjar in Himachal Pradesh is one such place. The clean lakes surrounded with the pine trees and with the snow-capped mountains in the background, the place looks no less than Switzerland. The nearest railway station is in Pathankot and then a taxi can get you to Khajjiar.
5. Hampi: It has been voted as one of the must-visit tourist place of 2019. Listed as a UNESCO world heritage site, Hampi has huge tourists following. The place is loaded with the historic culture. Hampi accounts for a must-visit place of India. There is no train service to Hampi. The nearest air link to Hampi is the Belgaum airport.
If you're looking for someone to work an interesting assignment(s)-writing, photo stories, to-do guides, interviews, destination reviews, please send me an email- at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can take it from there!!