The mystery behind spirits has always fascinated humans. How many of us believe in ghosts? Do they actually exist? The one who believes will say yes and others no. In India, there are cities, coastlines, mountains, and rivers that have been reported of unnatural tales. Some have been declared as a haunted place. People have felt negative presence too.
Here is the list of haunted places, known for many unexplained mysteries
1. Bhangarh fort: Located in the Alwar district of Rajasthan, the Bhangarh fort is not for the faint-hearted. Known as the most haunted place, the fort’s haunted stories are bone-chilling yet fascinating all at the same time. According to history, the fort was built in 17th century for Man Singh’s son Madho Singh 1. The legend said that beautiful princess Ratnavati was the daughter of Chatr Singh. Tales of her beauty and delightful temperament spread far and wide and she received many marriage proposals. A tantrik priest, who was well versed in black magic, fell in love with her. When she said not his proposal, he tried to cast a spell on her. Seeing the princess’ maid buying perfume for her, he cast a spell on it so that Ratnavati would fall in love with him. Ratnavati came to know of this and threw the bottle. It hit the tantric and he was crushed under its weight, but before he died, he cursed the entire village. The next year, a battle was fought between the forces of Bhangarh and Ajabgarh, which led to the death of Ratnavati and most of the army.
2. Brij Raj Bhawan: Seeing the heritage Brij Raj Bhawan in Kota, no one can tell that it is haunted. So the story goes like this, the palace was used as a personal residence by the British official. One day group of Indian soldiers attacked the Brij Raj Bhawan palace. They broke into the mansion, and made British major men flee. They killed the English officer and his children living in the palace. After the murder, the then King of Kota recovered the dead bodies and buried them in the central hall of the palace. Soon after, reportedly, the local residents of the area began seeing strange figures and hearing spooky sounds.
3. Kuldhara: A small village in Jaisalmer city of Rajasthan. About 200 years ago, the village was home to the Paliwal Brahmins. It was during this time that Salim Singh, the Diwan of Jaisalmer, wanted to marry the beautiful daughter of the village chief. Fearing the wrath of the Diwan, the residents of the entire village fled one dark night, leaving behind their homes and everything within them. Kuldhara was abandoned by its very own people. For generations now, no one knows where the Paliwals have resettled.
4. Dumas Black Sand Beach: Situated along the Arabian sea in Gujarat, the beach is known for its black sand and horror tales. It is said that Dumas Beach was once used as a Hindu burial ground and hence is possessed by several spirits. The story explains that the existence of black sand is because of the amount of ash created by burning the dead which got mixed with white sand of the beach and turned dark in shade.
5. Savoy Hotel: The hotel in Mussoorie was built in 1902. Many big leaders of that time had stayed here. The legend says that Madam Frances Garnett-Orme, a 49 year old British spiritualist. After her fiancé’s death, she gained the ability to communicate with spirits. Her friend Miss Mountstephen, was staying with her, one day she left for Lucknow. After that in the morning, Miss Garnett was found dead in her room. The door was locked from inside. In the autopsy report, acid was found in her body. After some days this became a mystery when the doctor who did Lady Garnett’s autopsy also found as dead by poisoning. Miss Mountstephen later arrested on charges of murder Miss Garnett, but later she was released.
6. Delhi Cantonment Area: People who cross this area or stay tell about a woman often asking for a lift, sometimes even chasing the vehicle and catching up its speed. However, no one knows the actual story behind the woman asking for a lift. But everyone in that particular road is strictly advised, not to stop the vehicle. With this strange incidence, that area becomes one of the scariest places in Delhi.
If you're looking for someone to work an interesting assignment(s)-writing, photo stories, to-do guides, interviews, destination reviews, please send me an email- at email@example.com and we can take it from there!!