On 21st June, International Yoga Day is celebrated by millions of people all across the world. India is preferred as yoga destination as one reconnects itself with nature. Yoga makes one relax and also bring closer to your inner self. India is the birthplace of yoga and is filled with many yoga retreats where you can learn and practice Yoga.
Here we have curated this list for such tourist-friendly places where you can have yoga session under the trees, on the banks of river.
1. Kerala: God owns country is the perfect place to visit for those seeking solace and calmness. Surrounded by coconut trees, palm trees and beautiful houseboats make it the best places to practice yoga. For the best experience visit the many ashrams in the capital city of Kerala.
2. Rishikesh: Considered as the Yoga capital of India, this place is peaceful and has an undisturbed atmosphere which helps in concentration and practicing yoga. Rishikesh has many yoga institutions and ashrams which attract thousands of yoga lovers especially foreigners.
3. Mysore: Mysore is popular amongst yogis for countless reasons. It’s a fantastic destination for a yoga retreat. Here are many yoga institutions which teach yoga in a clean environment. Visit the Mysore Mandala Yoga Centre as this place offers an ambiance with a century-old house with a few modern decors.
4. Bihar: Bihar School of Yoga located in Munger of Bihar is a famous yoga learning center as it believes yoga to be a lifestyle. This school offers special hours for seva, which includes cleaning the surrounding and gardening. It may sound a little disappointing but it creates a different and interesting experience.
5. Gangtok: Sikkim state offers a beautiful environment for yoga. Explore the Yoga Centres here where they teach you about the spiritual awakening and different forms of yoga.
If you're looking for someone to work an interesting assignment(s)-writing, photo stories, to-do guides, interviews, destination reviews, please send me an email- at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can take it from there!!