Monsoon season is the best time for traveling. This season reveals the true beauty of nature. To plan a trip in a monsoon season is good because it is offseason and many destinations are cheap during this weather.
If you are planning a vacation in this season then please ensure that you have packed correct things for the wet weather. Here we have created a list of essential lists which will make your journey easy and hassle-free.
1. Pack a rain jacket or poncho: Rain jacket or poncho must top your list while packing. The rain jacket or poncho should be thin, breathable, and spacious enough. The right rain jacket will protect you from rain and will also provide warmth. One can also go for small umbrellas, but rain jackets will be much more effective in windy weather.
2. Go for Synthetic Clothes: In rainy weather, the polyester-based and other synthetic fabrics are your friends. The synthetic fabric dries faster and reduces the chances of clothes being damp and smelly. Cotton and other fabrics will take forever to dry. Synthetic clothes will save the room in the suitcase as they are less bulky.
3. Pack water-resistant footwear: Leave your favorite footwear’s aside if they are not waterproof. Choose the footwear that is capable of taking a challenge to walk on a wet and slippery surface without fail. Make room for waterproof shoes or hiking shoes and plenty of socks in your suitcase. You can also carry an old pair of sneakers that you won’t mind in getting wet and muddy.
4. Carry waterproof materials: Materials like waterproof gadget covers and extra zip lock covers in various sizes must be there with you while traveling in a rainy season. Ziplock covers are best to keep your phone, watch, and wallet safe. Wet shoes and clothes should be packed separately in plastic covers and zip lock covers. The waterproof luggage bag will protect your belongings from moisture.
5. Pack microfiber travel towel: The travel towels are compact, lightweight, and super absorbent. They are quick-drying and hence are suitable for drying off if you got wet.
6. Carry a torch for blackouts: Rainy season and blackouts both come hand in hand. It is important to carry your source of light like a torch while traveling. The torch should be compact and handy. Carry extra torch batteries with you for an emergency before you leave for the trip.
If you're looking for someone to work an interesting assignment(s)-writing, photo stories, to-do guides, interviews, destination reviews, please send me an email- at email@example.com and we can take it from there!!